Excellence in DesignMichael Reid 027 278 firstname.lastname@example.org
Architecture is one of those fortunate professions that can combine the interests of design and
drawing and earn a livelihood out of that combination. I am an architectural designer with over 25 years experience. I qualified with a NZ Certificate of Architectural Draughting and went on to work for some of Christchurch’s most respected architects. Later I spent 3 years in the UK working on a major heritage project and commercial buildings.
My focus as a sole practitioner is primarily housing – new houses and alterations.
I am passionate about “Good Design”. Any definition of Good Design will always seem incomplete but to me it incorporates much of the following:
- Good Design to me listens carefully to clients needs.
- Good Design carefully considers the context and siting of a project.
- Good Design may acknowledge and incorporate local regional nuances and historical references in a concept.
- Good Design links spaces skillfully.
- Good Design crafts details that will be enjoyed throughout the life of a building.
- Good Design seems right and endures